Monday, June 17, 2013

Fun times camping and scootering

This weekend, I attended my second North Texas Lakes scooter rally. This is one of the best rally's to attend as it is a weekend of camping and scooter riding. I had a great time...as expected. It was held at Lake Waxahachie and this time it took place in June instead of around spring break. What a difference but still had a blast.
I got there Friday afternoon, just in time for the first ride to an antique shop a few towns over. Great items to look at but I did not find that seer sucker suit I've always wanted. lol

Here are a few pictures from the ride.




After the ride we went to Danial's house for food and a dip in the pool. Here are pictures of scooter parking on the side of Danial's house.



Saturday morning was the day for the big ride. Below are pictures of the ride and stops.

 We stopped at a replica of the Monsters house for group pictures.

 There was also a stop to visit someone's private zoo.

The guy below in the Joe Dirt wig is Tim. Actually the owner took off some of the hair from the one of his camel's and gave it to him. I know Tim from my friend Kitt. He introduced Kitt to scooters via his brother in law Al. Long story short, he is one of the reason I know Kitt and trying to compete and Iron Butt on a freaking scooter...but that's another post.

 The last pictures are from Sunday with most of the participants already gone. I wish I took a before picture that Saturday.


If you would like to see more picture from the rally...go here: http://northtexaslakesrally.com/2013-gallery/

Great times were had. I meet so many old friends and meet new one's too. I hope I'm able to go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment